Sometimes life can get overwhelming.. Just the other day I wasn’t doing great and my colleague send me a text saying that she was thinking of me. It was a simple act of kindness and it was just what I needed. Sometimes it’s the smallest act that makes the biggest impact.
Random Acts of Kindness – Day
Tomorrow, February 17, it’s Random Acts of Kindness – day. I believe every day should be a day to be kind, but let’s try a bit harder tomorrow. Being kind and compassionate not only helps other people, but also makes one happy and healthier. Maybe this has something to do with karma. Maybe it’s just because when you do good to others, you notice good things around you.
And don’t forget; Kindness is free and most acts of kindness don’t take up more than a minute of your time.
21 Random Acts of Kindness
Here are 21 Random Acts of Kindness to try out yourself;
1. Smile at a stranger.
2. Hold the door for someone.
3. Say thank you to someone who made your life a bit better today.
4. Send a ‘thinking of you’-text.
5. Leave a sincere comment on someone’s blog or Instagram.
6. Write a positive review for a book, restaurant or product you enjoyed.
7. Give someone a compliment.
8. Donate something (food, toys, books).
9. Call someone just to say hi.
10. Write someone a postcard.
11. Bake cookies for someone.
12. Help someone carrying their groceries.
13. Bring a treat to share with your colleagues.
14. Leave a used book in a café.
15. Tell someone you love them.
16. Make a donation to a cause you believe in.
17. Make cards with happy quotes and leave them at random places (like in the train or at a park).
18. Give up your seat on the bus to someone.
20. Leave a note in a library book for someone to find.
21. Be kind to yourself!
How will you celebrate Random Acts of Kindness day?